Monday, April 19, 2010

hello again!

I finally had some sales! On Etsy, that is. I've also had lots of paper to write, so I've been pretty busy. Also, I've been looking at prom dresses on Etsy. There are lots of beautiful dresses, especially vintage dresses. I'm trying to find one that I can wear for a homeschool prom thingy that some friends of mine are going to have in May.

Why am I only looking at the vintage dresses? Well, I think that most of the contemporary prom/bridemaids dresses are boring. For the most part, they all look the same. Same kind of satiny cloth, similar styles. Or they are made out of that slinky knit stuff that feels like pajamas. Or they look like they've been attacked by the avenging be-dazzler. *shivers*

Also, they have a tendency to be rather long. Since I am rather short, and floor length skirts and dresses accentuate that particular deficiency, I tend to avoid such things. Please don't think that this causes me to favor mini skirts though. I still want my skirt to be long enough so I can sit down. ;)

Right now, I'm looking at ones that are blue, green, or gray. Not anything too bright or flamboyant. I'd like it to be sort of sophisticated.

going to have to go to class. ttyl, jot

2 comments:

  1. Good choice. I made my own prom dress, and it was awesome. It was a mix of parts of several dresses that I liked. Also, then you don't have to worry about someone having the same dress as you (Gasp! The horror!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avenging be-dazzler....that's hilarious and very true :D

    ReplyDelete