Saturday, March 20, 2010

First day of spring...and it's snowing outside

Kind of strange, I know, but that's what it's doing outside. And the weather has been soooo nice this past week too. Mostly upper 40s and 50s. Some 60s. And now, it's 31 degrees. Not super cold, mind you. Just an unpleasant surprise.

I have to go back to school on Monday. ugh. I've been on spring break this past week, which was very nice. On Thursday, I went with my mom and sisters to my grandma's house to watch a new BBC version of Emma. I really enjoyed it. It's really long though (about 4 hours). Let me put is this way: if you're the sort of person who enjoys watching the original Pride and Prejudice (the one with Colin Firth) in one sitting, you will like this.

This morning we went to church to pray for the people who will be voting on the health care bill. To me, it seems as if there is something more at stake than just the medical care we get. It's disturbing, in a way, to see how vehement some of the representatives are in their support of it. Especially with the 'deem and pass' or whatever it is. Where basically they are going to say that the bill has been voted on and passed, without actually voting on the bill itself.

That doesn't make sense. And also with them waiting until they know they have the votes to pass the bill. That's not right. It is not the way our government was meant to function.

sorry about how random this post is. I have problems staying on the same topic when I write. Probably due to my ADD. ah, well...such is life. Hope ya'll are enjoying the weather where you are. ttyl, jot

No comments:

Post a Comment